FAST4 Tennis is a shortened format of tennis. FAST4 Tennis was globally launched in Sydney with Roger Federer and Lleyton Hewitt. It has since been be showcased by a host of other champions including Rafael Nadal, Fernando Verdasco, Gael Monfils, Nick Kyrgios and many more!
The rules are similar to the traditional format, but are specifically targeted at shortening match time, including:-
- The use of no-let serves (a traditional “let” must be played as a normal point)
- Deciding point (aka sudden death deuce) in games on reaching deuce (40-40).
- A set is won if a player reaches 4 games with a 2-game lead
- A set tie-break takes place if the set score is 3-3
- The set tie break is won by the first player to win 5 points, with a deciding point if required, at 4-4.
- In some tournaments, the final set (i.e. at 1-1 or 2-2) is run as a match tie-break, which is won by the first player to win 10 points, with a deciding point if required, at 9-9.